Last Modified: 2018-5-15
https://riptidesoftware.com and all related subdomains
In order to provide our full range of Services, we may collect the following types of information:
Information you provide. When you register for a username or use our sites in any way, we may ask you for personal information (such as your email address, phone number, name, age, gender). In order to improve the quality of our Services and to provide you with a better user experience, we may combine the information you submit with information provided by third parties.
Demographic Information. Each time you access our Services, our servers may automatically record in their server logs information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your Internet Protocol or “IP” address, the date and time of your request, browser type, browser language, and one or more cookies (see description below) that may uniquely identify your browser or device. Additionally, we may collect other available demographic information, such as zip code, purchase history, and other user history. Aggregate, non-individual membership demographic information may be shared with third parties with whom we have a direct or indirect relationship who may offer products or services we believe you may be interested in.
Links. We may present links that include codes that enable us to track whether these links have been followed. This information is used to improve the quality of our advertising and customized content, as well as the organization and layout of our website.
User communications. We may retain communications that you send to Riptide Software by email or otherwise, in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our Services.
Use of Personal Information
- Providing our Services (which may include data analytics, displaying customized advertising and other content and other valid business operations);
- Auditing, research, and analysis (to maintain, protect, and improve our Services);
- Technical diagnostics (to ensure our network is functioning as expected);
- Protecting the rights or property of Riptide Software or our users, or third parties;
- To comply with applicable law, to cooperate with law enforcement and the court system;
- Creating new Services; and
- Marketing and sales of advertising or other services to third parties.
We process personal information on our servers, which are located in the United States of America and in other countries. As a result, there exists the possibility that we may process your personal information on a server that is not located in your home country. In some cases, we may process personal information at the request of third parties and according to their instructions, such as our advertising partners.
Information Communicated via the Service
On occasion the Riptide Software website may allow you to post or send messages that may be publicly visible on other websites, so that it is possible for you to communicate identifying information about yourself to others. We are not responsible for the privacy of personal identifying information that you communicate via the Service. Accordingly, you should refrain from sharing personal information via comment or other submission to the Site.
If you are a California resident, you have the right to receive: (a) information identifying any third-party compan(y/ies) to whom you can verify we may have disclosed, within the past calendar year, personal information pertaining to you specifically for our direct marketing purposes; and (b) a description of the categories of personal information disclosed. To obtain such information you must make a request in writing providing the above required information. Your request will not be processed if it does not include your name and email address, the URL for the website you visited, and a return address. We will not honor such requests more than once per calendar year. Please submit your request to our support email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy Principle: Choice
Use of our Services may require registering for a username. When you sign up for our Services, we may ask you to provide a variety of personal information, including but not limited to your email address.
Use of our Service may require you to configure your browser settings to allow cookies to be stored on your computer or other browsing device. You should be aware that in some cases the Services might not function properly without cookies enabled.
Privacy Principle: Onward Transfer
Riptide Software may from time to time share personal information with individuals or other companies:
- Be aware that when you register for a username, during the sign-up process, you provide us with permission to share personal information (whether for yourself or others whose information you enter into the Riptide Software system) with trusted third parties so that they may promote their products and services and those of their affiliates and partners based on your preferences and interests. You may “opt out” of such disclosure(s) to the extent they include your personally identifiable information by submitting a message at any time to our HelpDesk@RiptideSoftware.com support email indicating your intent to do so.
- For the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf, we may provide personal information to trusted persons or businesses.
- We have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of your personal information is reasonably necessary: (a) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request; (b) to enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (c) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or (d) as required or permitted by law, to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Riptide Software, its users, or the public.
We may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated, non-personal information, such as the number of users who viewed a certain page in our website, for example, or how many users clicked on a particular advertisement. Such information generally does not identify you individually.
Privacy Principle: Security
Our best efforts are used to provide appropriate security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction. These measures include internal reviews of our data collection, storage, and processing practices. Physical security measures are also taken to prevent unauthorized access to systems where your personal information is stored.
Your personal information is revealed to our employees, contractors, and agents on a needto-know basis in operating, developing, or improving our Services. As a condition of their employment or association with Riptide Software, these individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations. If they fail to maintain the confidentiality of your personal information, they may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution.
Privacy Principle: Data Integrity
Privacy Principle: Access
We make good-faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information that we have collected. We may refuse to process requests: (i) that require disproportionate technical effort; (ii) that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic; (iii) that would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes); (iv) that jeopardize the privacy of others; or (v) for which access is not otherwise required.
Privacy Principle: Enforcement