Salesforce data loss can happen to anyone – and the facts prove it! Data loss is much more common than many believe and can potentially cost thousands of dollars in recovery fees and labor hours. There are many causes that range from employee mistakes to hardware failures. Fortunately, losing your Salesforce data can be preventable!
What is Data Loss?
Data loss is when digital information is destroyed by errors, failures, or neglect in storage, processing, or transmission. Backup and disaster recovery equipment, processes, or software, may be implemented to prevent and/or restore lost data.
Some Causes of Data Loss with Statistics:
- Approximately 32% of computer users experience the loss of data each year.
- Small businesses that experience a large data loss typically go out of business in less than a year!
- Businesses who are dependent on digital data typically aren’t able to resume services is data is not available for more than 10 days.
- Over 90% of employee’s personal computers are not backed up. Main systems may be backed up, but individual computers are usually neglected. This makes them prime targets for the loss of valuable data.
- 100% of disk drivers eventually fail. ALL drives will fail sooner or later.
- Only 34% of companies test if their backups worked. Of the ones who did, 77% of them found failures!
- Typically, over 50% of important corporate data resides on unprotected PCs and laptops.
- 30% of companies reported that they still do not have a disaster recovery plan in place, and every 2 out of 3 companies feel their data backup and disaster recovery plans have significant vulnerabilities.
- Only 25% of employees frequently backup their files, yet 85% of them say they are very concerned about losing important digital data.
- The key cause of data loss (accounting for 78% of all lost data) is due to hardware or system malfunctions.
The good news is that losing Salesforce data IS preventable with a solid disaster recovery strategy. Do you need your Salesforce data backed up in the cloud, or completely on-premises? Reflection Enterprise is proven to be an integral part of backup strategies worldwide.